Monday, February 15, 2016

Medium Experience


Before my medium experience :

I am about to have my first medium experience. If you aren't sure, a medium is someone who can connect with the deceased. Everyone is able to connect differently. This is my first ever experience and I'm super excited, but a little nervous as well. I do believe that some people are able to connect with those who have passed, but I am definitely a little bit skeptical. I think I really want to believe someone can connect me to my loved ones that I lost so that makes me believe more, but I also have a little bit of like "how is this possible" in me.

My mom recently went to this woman who is a medium around our hometown and she had an amazing experience. I may be only 22, but in my 22 years of life, I have experienced a lot of death. I really would love to be able to connect with my family members and friends that I've lost. It would be so cool just to hear how they're doing. Wish me luck!!

After my medium experience:

Well, I went! And... it left me more confused than ever. I see mediums like Tyler (the Hollywood Medium) or Theresa Caputo (Long Island Medium) and I'm like there is no way they aren't real!! They have to be. Everything they say is so true, but then I went and experienced it on my own. Let me start from the beginning and I'll try to make sense of my feelings.

I walk in to this normal house with a mini-van in the driveway. There's a basketball net and a soccer goal. I'm taken back by all the "normalness." How crazy that this woman can talk to the dead and be a mom, wife, sister, etc. My brother and I walk into this house and it's beautiful on the inside. This woman, who looks very normal, guides us to where she does her readings. Immediately, my grandfather comes up. She says he has great energy and is great to be around. Definitely things were said where I was like holy cow, that is something he would say or how the heck did she know that?! My grandfather brought up the ring of his I wear every single day and the fact that I'm battling anxiety and that my brother is going against the norm in his life. Everything was just like WOW.

All of a sudden, a "motherly" figure comes up. She said this could be an aunt. Well, it must be my Aunt Barb who passed a few months before my grandfather did. Aunt Barb didn't stay too long, just mentioned a pin we have for her and that was pretty much it. My grandfather pretty much hogged up the whole time (which was good because I miss him like hell) but there were also some other people I wanted to hear from. I'm not going to mention anyone besides my own family in this blog post, because I don't want to be disrespectful to the families who don't know about my reading. Let's just say this is where it got a little tricky. She seemed to know what she was talking about when others started coming through, but then she brings up a random girl who passed. I don't have any friends that are girls that passed. Somethings started sounding a little generic, like pretty much everyone in America had gone through what she was bringing up.

My head hurt almost the whole time the reading was going on and I don't really know why that was. I didn't shed one tear, not one. Maybe it's because some of the things I heard before from my mom's reading, maybe it's because I'm going through the hardest time in my life and I don't have any tears left, or maybe I wasn't fully buying it. Who knows? When talking to my mom after the reading, she said there has to be some truth there, something has to be there. Maybe this woman got somethings wrong, but she's also trying to interpret what the dead is telling her from "the other side" and apparently that can be pretty difficult.

I want to believe her, so maybe that's why I'm still holding on. I have lost a lot of people in my life and I miss them every single day. I always wish they were here to see what was going on today, although I know they are always with me. I wanted to believe her so bad and I definitely believe some of it. I think there is some truth to what she does and what other mediums do, but I don't know if 100% believe she was talking to my family and friends on the other side. I never want to discredit someone's occupation. This is what mediums do for a living. They speak to the dead and deliver messages which can be extremely inspiring and exactly what someone may need. At the same time, I have to be honest and say the reading wasn't exactly what I expected.

I'm definitely thankful for the experience, because maybe it's once in a lifetime. Maybe at the age of 22, that's the only time I will ever have a medium experience in my life, which is cool. I want everyone to have their own experience and see for themselves. It's hard for me to commit 100% to the idea that I believe every single thing, but I do believe a lot and I think it's an experience everyone should go through.

I'm going to take the messages she said, that nobody else could've known, and hold them close to me. The things that were said that have to be true will always be on my mind. I don't want it to come across like I didn't believe anything this woman said or she was very unbelievable, because that's not the case. She truly seemed like she knew what she was doing and was able to communicate with something. Definitely something others should experience for themselves!

~A

No comments:

Post a Comment